1. According to Wikipedia, “Compact disc manufacturing is the process whereby commercial compact discs (CDs) are replicated in mass quantities using a master created from an original.”
2. A CD can be used to store:
3. Never burn your own disc on your home computer with a sticky label. It doesn’t look professional, just cheap. When you need a small amount of copies, duplicate them. When you need a large number of copies, it’s cheaper to replicate them. It even looks more professional. (For example, if you have a 1000, you should go with replication.
4. Records used to be a storage medium. Then came Tape Cassettes. Now, compact discs replaced tape cassettes.
5. Music stored on a CD is high quality. It cannot compare to music stored on a cassette tape.
6. CDs offer better safety and have a great capacity for storage. They can usually store 700 mega bytes of music and are very cost effective. Tapes can damage easily.
7. Compact Disc
a. Compact Disc
b. CD Audio
d. Enhanced CD
g. Video CD
h. Super Video CD
i. Photo CD
10. Digital Versatile Disc
a. DVD Audio
b. DVD Video
d. DVD Hybrid
Years ago I taped everything on my cassette recorder. It sure did get a lot of usage. Now I enjoy listening to all my music CDs. The quality is top-notch. We have certainly come along way that’s for sure. Don’t you agree?